The chronicles and ramblings of a stay-at-home father raising his three beautiful girls, Anya Rose, Caitlin Rose and Reegan Rose.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

The uncertainty of life...

Well it's been a tough week in Issaquah, Washington, my current town...

After spending a week reminding ourselves of how annoying the weather in Minnesota can be, we're back to the beautiful weather of spring!  We spend half our week up at the farm and the other half with Papa and Nana in Minnetonka.

Life on the farm is always so peaceful.  Each time we visit, it seems like a hundred things in our lives change, but life on the farm remains the same.  It's very enduring to have a place where you know exactly what to expect; the kids will have a blast playing with their grandparents and cousins, Windsor diets will flow in the shop, and there will be a constant chatter of how much better the Viking's will be next season.

Down in Minnetonka, the Roses had a blast playing with their Papa and Nana.  Unlike the farm, where you always know what to expect, life with my parents is like living in Pandora's Box. What project will they be working on next?  What new place are they dying to take the kids?  What did Wally eat this week to make himself vomit for days on end?  So exciting!  We're so blessed to have such unique and different grandparents!  I couldn't imagine a better way to expose my kids to all the different ways people can happily live their lives.

It's been a bit stressful up here in Issaquah.  It's always hard coming back to Washington after seeing all our family and friends in Minnesota, but we recently learned that our landlords would like to sell the house.  Our lease is up in a month and we're scrambling to figure out what our next move is.  Do we buy the house from them?  Do we find another rental?  Maybe we should live in an apartment until the real estate market cools down around here?  Maybe we should just buy something smaller a little more in the country?

To the casual reader, all those things sound like perfectly viable options, but in my head none of them sound very appealing.  It's a scary proposition.  I don't know what the future holds and I would really like to know how this is going to play out.  I know in the great scheme of things this is just a tiny speed bump, but I can't see anything but a huge bolder right in my path.  I have a tendency to take a stressful situation and allow it to impact all areas of my life.  I haven't been this depressed and anxious in years.  I haven't been able to eat or sleep and I've been breaking down several times a day. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude with my family but inside I'm a wreck.  Keep me in your prayers, I'm needing them...

Tip of the Day - Life seems to give you all the answers you need, but all in their own time.


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Bo! I've had those moments when I just moved here in Seattle. Everything will fall in it's place and you can move on from it. You have my prayers.

    ps. miss seeing you in tournaments. it's been forever!

    ReplyDelete